Hello creative creatures. I have my official first project for The Sherlock Book by Watson to show you.
I wanted to make a planner for 2015 and I thought The Sherlock Book would be a great thing to use. I wanted a sturdy cover so I bought a file folder and cut it down to size. This was then covered with a strong craft paper and covered with the kit's cover and then sealed with a varnish. From there I added some Tim Holtz Corners and a bookplate and also one of Meg's lovely Lions Head door knocker charms.
The inside of the book was a bit tricky as I wanted a lot of pages for the planner. I ended up having double the pages. This gave me around 36 pages to have in my planner. 12 were turned into a calendar and the rest were added the the divided sections. The back of the pages (because this was a printed kit rather than the download) I inked misted and splodge to add some distressing.
The ephemera I added here and there to the sections of the planner to later use which they are held in with paper clips. I also used some extra ephemera from the Vintage Ephemera Packs
The closure of the book is really simple, two islet holes on the front and back cover and some twine attached which just get tied together when the planner is in my bag.
Here is a video of a flick through of the planner.